Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Briefest of overviews

I won't say much about the last two days in London except...

Grossest hostel ever (me, Sarah, three hairy Italian men and one hairy New Yorker in a small room in the attic of what seemed like the world's most claustrophobia-inducing hostel (thankfully rescued the next day by our friend George).

Free galleries (Van Gogh, Rosetta Stone, Renoir, ginormous Syrian gates, mummies, the Parthenon).

Fantastic "fruitstock" festival in Regent's Park - healthy food, good music, duck herding, maypole dancing, dog-agility, etc (crazy Brits).

...and best of all...front row spaces at Architecture in Helsinki's relatively unpublicised record release party in Hoxton (for £5 - about $10). As one of our favorite bands, Sarah and I were completely freaking out, and I think we converted George too.

Leaving for home tomorrow. Love you all.

2 comments:

Megan said...

where do you FIND all these nasty hostels? you're making me nervous about my travels next summer. I'm coming back to the USA on Thursday, and I'll be in SLO around the weekend of the 18th. You?

Haley said...

Back probably the 11th.

The hostels all got glowing reviews online on sites like hostels.com and hostelworld.com. Beats me!